Sunday, March 22, 2009

This recipe is just too awesome to sit on any longer. Yes, it's not relevant to beading or Etsy, but I made them again tonight, and I'm simply undone. I may never pay for box brownies again.

GOOD GOD Brownies:
Blend:
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix in a separate bowl:
2 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 C cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt

Bake for 25 minutes in greased 9x13" pan. (I added 10 min baking time to mine, your oven could be different)

Frosting:
1/2 box confectioner's sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/4 C cocoa

Mix and add enough milk to make spreadable. Spread on warm brownies. Cut when cool.

Now, normally I am a brownie purist, and enjoy them best without frosting, but this particular variety works so spectacularly in concert with the brownie that I strongly recommend adding it. If you are already a fan of Texas cake, you'll want to try this recipe. YUM!

***Also: Many thanks to collage artist JBlackDesigns, who has kindly included my Dogwood earrings in her unique blog. On Sundays, she chooses a poem she loves and illustrates it with images of Etsy items she likes! How cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. Mnnn. I do have quite the sweet tooth. I'll have to try them out:) And frosting on anything works for me! Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must vouch for these brownies. They taste divine. Absolutely heaven-like.

    ReplyDelete