Wednesday, December 31, 2008

ABOUT ME

Salutations! I am an elementary art teacher and freelance artist, and I’ve lived here in Maryland all my life. Ever since I was little I have spent hours upon hours making things. In her basement, my mother has hundreds of my old drawings- dinosaurs, monsters, dragons, flowers, and all kinds of animals, even bizarre ones. My fascination with jewelry began early, too. I made earrings out of whatever I could find- paper, sequins, puzzle pieces, ribbon. I remember making a pair of paper frog earrings with googly eyes and I was so proud of them that I taped them to my unpierced ears with band-aids and proceeded to WEAR THEM IN PUBLIC! The nice lady at the bank gave me two lollipops because my earrings made her smile. The creative seed was planted!


At Towson University, I majored in Art Education and was able to take a wide variety of studio courses: drawing, design, sculpture, ceramics, painting, computer graphics, photography, and printmaking. I loved sticking my finger in all those artistic pies!


I have the best job in the world. I get to play with crazy awesome kids, make messes, and be creative! My students are always surprising, amusing, and inspiring me, and things are never, ever boring. Life is good!


If you are so inclined, you will find me on Flickr, and also on Etsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment